In Person Worship Guidelines
The way we conduct in person worship has changed. We now follow the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) guidelines for churches.
Please review and prepare yourselves for these changes so that we can protect our physical health.
Equally as important is to prepare yourselves emotionally for the changes you will encounter. These adjustments may be difficult to experience so remember that regardless of how our worship has changed the Lord will be with us as he promised in Matthew 18:20: “For where two or three gather in my name, there am I with them.”
- Stay home if you are sick.
- Stay home if you are in a high risk category.
We will practice physical distancing which includes:
- No handshaking or other physical contact.
- Stay at least 6 feet away from other people.
- We are asking you not to congregate before or after services.
You will be greeted by individuals wearing masks and gloves.
- We strongly encourage you to wear a mask.
- Masks are available if you do not have one.
- Hand sanitizer will be given to you as you come in and as you leave.
- We recommend you wash your hands when you get home for at least 20 seconds.
Seating will be spread throughout the Sanctuary and overflow seating will be available in the Fellowship Hall. Please be flexible regarding where you are asked to sit.
- The ushers will seat you.
- Family units will be seated together.
- At the conclusion of the service, please stay seated until the 5 minute postlude ends.
- The ushers will then dismiss you by pew to facilitate physical distancing.
- Please be patient with the ushers as they do their best to seat you quickly and safely.
- Pews are partitioned off and the ushers will seat you. Do not seat yourselves.
- Bibles, LBW’s, pencils, etc. have been taken out of the pews.
- You may bring your own Bible or use a Bible phone app.
- No refreshments will be served after worship.
- There will be no bulletins.
- You will be able to follow along via PowerPoint on the screen, as you do from home.
- Communion is served each Sunday.
- Communion will be served using individual, pre-filled and sealed "Fellowship Cups".
The way we accept offerings has changed. The offering plates will be in the back or you may give electronically by going to the "Give" section on our webpage, by mail or through your online bank bill pay.
- We do have hearing devices available.
- Please ask an usher and they will give you a sanitized device in a Ziploc bag.
- At the conclusion of the service, simply place the device back in the bag and deposit it in the basket on the ushers stand at the back of the sanctuary as you leave.
The elevator is available. Please no more than one family at a time.
- No congregating in the church foyer or at the back of the Sanctuary.
- Ushers will seat you and dismiss you in order to help with physical distancing.
- Once everyone has departed the church the doors will be shut.
- We are continuing to live stream our service for those staying home.
- The service is live when the 5 minute prelude begins. We ask for quiet during this time.
- We also have a 5 minute period at the end of the service. Again, we ask for quiet and please stay seated.
- The ushers will lead you out by row after we end the live stream.
- Check out our Wednesday seven:seven devotionals on our website or through Facebook.
- Each family unit will be seated 6 feet apart. In making your greetings, you may find yourselves shouting across the pews.
- Please remember that those viewing on the livestream will be able to hear you, and consequently not be able to hear the prelude or postlude.
- One way you can talk to both those in the room and on the livestream is to bring your mobile phone, log on to Facebook to watch the service (with the sound muted) and talk with one another via the comments section just as you do at home.
- This is a great way to build our church family community and reduce the instances of Fear of Missing Out (FOMO) on the part of those who choose to take part from home.
If you have any questions, please call the church office at (480) 837-9532 and leave a message. Blessings.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are your services like?
During the winter months we hold two services each Sunday, one traditional service and one contemporary service. During the summer months, we hold one service which is a combination of traditional and contemporary music.
What should I wear?
Wear whatever you’re comfortable in. On any given Sunday, you’ll see people in shorts and t-shirts, some in slacks or skirts, and a suit here and there.
How often do you hold communion?
We offer communion every Sunday in the sanctuary. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, we are currently using sealed “fellowship cups” for communion as a safety precaution.
Are masks required?
Masks are strongly encouraged. If you do not have one, we have clean masks available at the door.
How long are the sermons?
Pastor Jeff’s sermons are about 25 minutes.
Do I have to let you know I plan to attend?
It’s entirely your choice. You can let us know you’ll be attending by using the form below. Then we can eagerly anticipate your arrival and be on the lookout for you. Or you can surprise us!
Do you offer a nursery during the service?
Due to the COVID pandemic, our nursery is closed for safety reasons. You are more than welcome to bring your children to the service in the sanctuary. We love having kids there!