Shepherd of the Hills Lutheran Church Inc. (“SOTH”), recognizes that an individual’s privacy is very important to them and that they have a right to control their personal information. SOTH acknowledges that when an individual provides personal information about themselves to another party it is an act of trust. In response, SOTH takes the process of upholding an individual’s privacy very seriously. Unless an individual gives SOTH explicit consent to act otherwise, the following policy will govern how SOTH handles an individual’s personal information and safeguards their privacy.
This website and all of its content is owned by Shepherd of the Hills Lutheran Church Inc. The term “you” refers to the user or viewer of sothaz.com.
Information We May Collect
SOTH collects two different types of information. One type is voluntary information, which you provide, such as
- A name and an email address that will enable us to send emails to you.
- A name, email address, or phone number so we can follow-up with you.
- Billing information including a name, address and credit card information will enable us to process any purchases or donations.
- A name, email address, and phone number if you complete our contact form with a question.
Any information that you voluntarily provide equates to giving us the consent to use such information until you retract such consent in writing.
The other type of information SOTH collects is user information provided by your computer each time you visit this site. For each visitor to our webpage, our web server automatically recognizes the consumer’s domain name, if any, and collects the date and time of visit, the client IP address, and referring site. The information that SOTH collects helps us to provide information and services to you. We may combine information from other sources with the information that we collect.
Any information that we obtain from you by virtue of you accessing our website via your computer or other electronic device equates to giving us the consent to use such information until you retract such consent in writing.
How Personal Information is Collected
- Visiting www.sothaz.com (cookies).
- Making a donation to SOTH.
- Applying to work with SOTH.
- Contacting us using email, phone or any other means.
Use of “Cookies”
Most browsers (Safari, Google Chrome, Explorer, Firefox) are initially set up to accept cookies. You can reset your browser to either refuse all cookies or to notify you when you are receiving a cookie and allow you to decide whether or not to accept it.
You may choose to disable cookies through your own web browser’s settings. However, disabling this function may diminish your experience on our Website and some features may not work as intended.
What Happens with the Information We Collect
1. It may be used to contact you
- For follow-up purposes
- For promotional purposes
- For troubleshooting purposes
- Informational updates
2. It may be used to help process payments online
- Your personal information may be needed in order to process the donations or payments that you could potentially be making to SOTH.
3. It may be used during targeted social media or search engine advertisements
4. Viewing by others
- Whenever you voluntarily provide Personal Information through the use of sothaz.com, you have consented to that information and its content, being seen, collected and used by others. We cannot be responsible for any unauthorized or improper use of the information that you voluntarily share (i.e., sharing a comment on a blog post, posting in a Facebook group that we manage, sharing details on a group call, etc.).
Storage and Handling of Personal Information
Personal Information obtained by www.sothaz.com is stored internally or through a data management system. We value your safety, so your Personal Information will only be accessed by people who are responsible for gathering, managing or storing it, or who have a legitimate need to access it. (i.e., our hosting provider, newsletter provider, payment processors or team members).
How You Can Access, Update or Delete Your Personal Data
Where you have provided your consent to us processing your personal data, you may withdraw this consent at any time. At any point you would like to change your preferences and:
1. you do not wish to receive further communications from SOTH; OR
2. you wish to change the way you receive any communication
In addition, the Law gives you the right, under certain circumstances
- to request in writing and securely obtain copies of the personal information we hold about you;
- to correct or update your personal information held by us;
- to request us to stop using your personal information for marketing purposes or for any other purpose where there is no legal requirement for continued processing;
- to object to profiling activities based on our legitimate interest;
- to choose whether or not to receive marketing communication from us by email, text or telephone;
- to know about the cookies SOTH uses so that you can decide whether to give permission to store a cookie on your device.
You will have the opportunity to decline to accept communications at any time and discontinue receiving such communication by:
a. following the instructions to “unsubscribe” on any email or text communication received from SOTH;
b. emailing firstname.lastname@example.org;
c. writing us at
Shepherd of the Hills Lutheran Church
Attn: Digital Marketing
PO Box 17444
Fountain Hills, AZ 85269-7444
Requests to remove your email address from our lists may take up to two weeks to fulfill. If you supply us with your postal address online, you may receive periodic mailings from us with information on new products and services or upcoming events. If you do not wish to receive such mailings, please let us know by emailing us at the above address or writing to us at the above address. Requests to remove your postal address from our mailing lists may take up to six weeks to fulfill. If you receive postal mail from us during this six-week period, please disregard the mail.
Persons who supply us with their telephone numbers online may receive telephone contact from us with information regarding new products and services or upcoming events. If you do not wish to receive such telephone calls, please let us know by sending us an email at the above address or writing to us at the above address.
Links to Other Websites
From time to time, we may use customer information for unanticipated uses not previously disclosed in our privacy notice. If our information practices change at some time in the future, we will post the policy changes to our website to notify you of these changes and provide you with the ability to opt out of these new uses. If you are concerned about how your information is used, please check back periodically.